Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Year 2, Day 120: "I Wish I had Connected the Dots Sooner."

There were many parts of the Al Gore film that struck me, but this one line in particular really stayed with me. He said, referring specifically to his sister's death of lung cancer, and metaphorically about the earth's global warming, that we often connect the dots, but sometimes we wish we had connected the dots...sooner." I think about that in nearly every facet of my life, like did I wait too long to have children, etc. I think that this is related to being in my 40s, and probably from feeling like I am about to turn 41. I am glad I made a "U-turn in the Holland Tunnel" as my father-in-law would say, about my weight and my lifestyle, because I would not have wanted to deprive my children of their father, whether because of a premature death, or just the standard kind of disabled quality you have when you can't play with them for more than 5 minutes at a time. I mean if you don't want to play with your kids for more than five minutes, that's another thing....

Breakfast
1 Cup Kashi Go Lean
1 Cup Heritage Flakes
1 Cup Silk Unsweetened Soy milk
1 cup blueberries and strawberries

Snack
2 oz 50% Jalapeno Cheddar
6 Stalks Celery
3 tablespoons Super Chunky Peanut Butter

Lunch (Russo's: $4.54)
Red leaf, red onion, red pepper, celery
chicken, chick peas, broccoli, feta, mushrooms, tomatoes

Dinner
Turkey Crumble Wraps with Cabbage

Everyone likes to surf the Internet, and I am no exception. Why just today I found "The Big Tips Candy Collection" that made my eyes pop out. If you are around 40 you will drool until your head hits the monitor when you see what this is. Some company decided they needed to package 15 rather esoteric and 'out-of-print' candy bars together in one package for $24.95. You can see the details here: http://www.bigtipscandy.com/about_candy.html

The candy bars included are totally second-shelf stuff like Clark Bar, Uno, Sky Bar, Mallow Cup (Those might be the same), Goldberg's Peanut Chews (score one for the Jews), Goo Goo Cluster, Rocky Road and more. If someone asked me, I'd want a box that included a Marathon Bar, a Reggie Bar, A Charleston Chew....why I could go on all day, but what's the point. Share the "Big Tips Candy Collection" with your favorite Boomer/Xer, but please don't share it with me. I don't need that aggravation.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Actually I found that they make SOBE protein bars that seem to be filled with additives as well as protein. Who needs candy! Love, MOM