Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Year 2, Day 114: The Perfect Day, A Brisk Walk

Today was just the perfect day, and it comes after so many rainy, cold, hot, unspectacular days that it stood out in sharp relief. It was the day that all other days will be judged by. And by this I am referring only to the weather as the day inside the office was fraught with professional terrorism, frequent miscommunication and bungled opportunities. The Domania Walking Gang group of four went out today, but so festooned with angst was I that I felt compelled to walk fast and so only one other was keeping pace (and actually, he could have outpaced me but didn't). It's always good to break a sweat during the walk, especially if it means I can treat myself to one piece of delicious fried mozzarella later in the evening.

Breakfast
1 Slice Balthazar Bread
3 Slices Ham
Green tea

Snack
2 oz 50% Jalapeno Cheddar
5 Stalks Celery
2 Tablespoons Super Chunky Peanut Butter

Lunch: Peter's Kitchen
Greek Salad feta with Chicken

Dinner: Papparazi
1 Medallion of Fried Mozzarella with sauce
Boneless, Skinless Breast of Chicken
Spinach
Broccoli

Emily had the fantastic, spontaneous idea to meet out for dinner. We met at Papparazi's at Chestnut Hill, which is great because it takes us about same amount of time to get there, but in addition, they have excellent food and they're kid friendly, as well as SoBe friendly. I got there before my family and put the whole order in because I knew everybody would be hungry. For a change of pace, I ordered the Fried Mozzarella, which comes in an amulet shape instead of a stick. I figured Ruby would like it. She did, though she complained it was 'spicy.' She also complained that the tomato sauce on the pasta she got later was 'spicy' too, indicating she may not know the meaning of the word spicy, mistaking it for the word 'tomato-ey.' I ate my usual dinner, but I did allow for one amulet of fried mozzarella, which was FANTASTIC, and I figured with my brisk walk, I earned it.

1 comment:

Mom said...

It really tastes good when you haven't had it for a while and you have exercised enough so that you don't feel guilty. Sounds great. Love, MOM