Sunday, June 04, 2006

Year 2, Day 97: What Kid Doesn't Eat ONE French Fry?

Today we had plans, but they got all messed up because Ruby needed to go the doctor. I took her, and by the time we got done with waiting and being seen, it was time for lunch. Since the Doctor's Office is in Chestnut Hill, Emily suggested we go to the Rotisserie and get some chicken for Ruby. Ruby and I actually went there, but when I realized they didn't have ketchup (THAT'S RIGHT, I SAID, THEY DIDN'T HAVE ANY KETCHUP) we had to skedaddle, and fast, which is kind of good because I was having a hard time thinking about what I was going to have. I used to go there (and rotisserie places like Boston Chicken, when it was good) all the time and get the Chicken Sandwich [author floats off on a dream cloud] with corn and mashed potatoes, mixed up. Talk about high carb! But now in my SoBe state, I see that everything they have is lousy with butter, or a pasta salad, or something that's somehow not as healthy as it could be because they added something that was unnecessary to make people who don't like healthy food buy more of it.

We went next door, to the Aquitane Bis for a $40 lunch. I ordered the Ham & Cheese omelet (it was called jambon and gruyere) and Ruby had the burger, naturally. It was actually a fru-fru Boursin Bacon Burger, but I ordered it without the cheese, and she didn't want the bacon that came with it (so I had it). She did want the bun (which I covered liberally in butter). Amazingly, she did not want even ONE french fry. Not one. Not interested in tasting one. She didn't even push over the stack for fun. I felt it was my duty, then, to sample one. As you would imagine, they were fantastic. Vive la France! Then of course, came the chocolate mousse, that met the same fate. She ate only the whipped cream on top and determined that the rest was, well... turkey.

Breakfast
1 Cup Kashi Go Lean!
1/2 Cup Ancient Heritage Flakes
1 cup blueberries
1 cup USM
Green Tea

Snack
Coffee
2 Dark Rye Vita Crackers
2 oz. 50% Jalapeno Cheddar
6 Sticks Celery
2 Tablespoons Peanut Butter
2 Slices Ham

Lunch:
Ham & Cheese Omelet
2 Strips Applewood Smoked Bacon
One French Fry
1/2 slice of 7 Grain Bread
Ass't Fruit
Coffee
2 small Bites of Chocolate Mousse

Dinner
Tilapia a la Robert
Leeks a la Robert
Some of Ruby's Hot Dog

A little bit pressed for time today, so I ran fast on the ol' life fitness elliptical machine. I was back up to my old pre-exercise embargo speed of about 6.5 mph. I did 4.5 Miles in about 47.5 minutes. Fortunately for me, the new machines were all busy, forcing me to take one in the back row, which gave me a view of the television that was showing the baseball game instead of CNN. That was really was so much better, because I didn't once fret about the state of the deteriorating world at all during my workout. Instead, I just saw a lot of Aflac commercials.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Ruby is amazing. Image not wanting all that yummy food. But it sounds like you were a good soldier uner extremely difficult circumstances. Way to go! Love, MOM