Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Fahrenheit 212

Emily commented that today I was wearing a shirt that was too tight when I bought it. I used to, as a rule, buy 2XL shirts, both because I like t-shirts roomy and because any other size was very unflattering. You don't want 226lbs in an XL, really. But lately I have not only been buying my shirts XL (like at the McCartney concert last night), but I have been wearing shirts that have not fit me for about 10 years. This is exciting, because it means I can reclaim many of my fave shirts that have found their home in Emily's drawer.

Breakfast
1 Slice Harvest Bread
Peanut Butter
Tea

Snack

8 Dried Apricots
12 oz coffee (half decaf)
1 Fuji apple (the red, not green)
2 Bonbell Cheeses
~50 Pistachios

Lunch
~5 Strawberries
Ham and Cheese Roll Mops (4) with Mustard
Romaine Heart
Olives

Dinner
Sole with Leeks a la Emily
Broccoli
1 Slice Ham with Cream Cheese (Leftover from Ruby's plate)

I've said it before, but it bears repeating: Emily becoming a great Wok-chef has been the saving-grace of the past few months of the diet. The food is delicious, low-fat, low-carb and delicious. It really makes all the difference when you love what you eat. She really does a great job nearly every night for dinner. I am very lucky. Now I gotta get out there and get a gym membership.

2 comments:

Mom said...

I'm responding to all these blogs at once. So glad they're back. It was great seeing all of you. Glad the Paul concert was fun.....Fugi apples are the best....Costco cheap and delicious. Love, MOM

Anonymous said...

If you go on craigs list and search for "tennis partner" under community listings, you'll find a
few posts.

Have you tried those asian pear/apples. They're pricey, but great.