Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Day 198: The Stress-inator

Today, I was just totally stressed out. I could not stop thinking about this meeting about my neighborhood tonight and it really came close to unsettling me completely. I suppose the best thing you could say is that I used to consider myself a 'stress eater,' as well as an 'anxiety eater,' but I guess I have licked that. Not the stress or anxiety, but the need to cram a cruller in my gullet when the onset came. I see now that I can forego that particular brand of salve for now.

Breakfast
Whole Wheat English Muffin
Tsp Peanut Butter
1.2 oz Jalapeno Cheddar
A few bites of a nectarine

Snack
1/4 cup mixed Almonds/cashews
1 dragon stick
60 pistachios

Lunch
Greek Salad with Chicken

Dinner
Shrimp Creole (made by Emily & Wendy)
Brown Rice

The meeting went OK. I stressed out for no reason (OK, you never did that before?) On the other hand, I need to a much better job than I am doing of finding new foods to eat. As I quoted in a South Beach email, plateauing can be the result of just eating the same foods all the time. There is no doubt that with few exceptions, I am eating the same foods all the time. I must change this if I am ever to slim down. I do not wish to stay 196. I suppose if I can stay at 196 throughout the holiday season(s), both Jewish and American, it will really be an accomplishment.

1 comment:

Mom said...

I really appreciated Amy's note of support last night. Great! Glad the meeting tonight went well. I agree that it might be wise to find some new foods to the eating plan....what does the Book say? If you get a chance let me know about your plans for next weekend. Love, MOM