Friday, September 02, 2005

Day 186: Cashew'd

Between the aggravation of being a neurotic parent and being hypnotized by the constant, tragic images of New Orleans it is really hard to stay away from the unguarded vat of salted cashews that sits in the office. Ordinarily, I have my own supply of unsalted, but today and yesterday I was out and so I found myself making multiple trips. This kind of unregulated eating is not good for me but nuts are one of the few things you can eat a lot of when you're on this kind of diet, so if you must binge I think it's not a bad choice. Still, I felt pretty out of control today, and here it is the weekend of Labor Day (with all that you can think of about the end of summer) and Detecto scheduled for Tuesday. Meanwhile, I feel like an olive loaf.

Breakfast:
6 oz. regular yogurt with strawberries and blueberries
1 slice multi-grain Anadama bread
1 Tsp Peanut butter
Tea

Snack
1 Dragon Stick
1/2 cup- 1 cup salted cashews
1 small nectarine
1 apple
1 cheese stick

Lunch
Beef Kebab over Greek Salad

Dinner
Flounder a la Emily
Greek Salad

In my defense I can say that we went for a Domania walk today and I ate a lot of salad. There's not much else to say but that I better get out there walking, to the gym, or on the tennis court. Plus, I'm going to have to go back to throwing out Ruby's uneaten breakfast instead of eating it (even if it is yogurt). And maybe settling into a normal sleep schedule will help.

2 comments:

Mom said...

Hi, Getting Ruby launched should help.... it was wonderful to see you all! We can only struggle to find a way to make some sense of this terrible devastation in the South. It affects us all! I know this is a diet blog..? I suspect that all individuals can do is make contributions to the Red Cross, etc. Maybe the tennis will prove distracting over this long weekend. Love, MOM

Anonymous said...

Yikes! I see that you've added SPAM to your diet! Who are those guys?
Loved the "olive loaf" reference.I'm trying to picture it....
We're visiting Lori and Jed this weekend and enjoying Eli and Stella. I'll send a pic taken Friday at the beach in Westport. Love to all, d/m