Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Day 190: Labor Day Weekend is Over

For a few days now I have meant to chronicle a few upsetting things I have witnessed. On the dieting tip, I had the misfortune to watch a man at a Whole Foods inspect a package of blueberries, open the plastic top, touch one, feel one, eat one, and reclose the plastic top and move on. It was horrible. I knew that if my friend Aileen was there she would have read him the riot act, but alas, I did not have it in me to do so. Later that week I was in the gym on the ol' elliptical when I noticed a woman without a little workout towel draped across the machine. To my dismay, she had to cough and/or sneeze several times and just kept on working out. To add insult to injury, she did not 'wipe down' the machine. When the next heavy set semetic person showed up to work out, I removed my ear pods long enough to tell him that he was required to wipe down the machine before using it. He thanked me.

Breakfast
2 Eggs Over Easy
2.5 Strips Jennie O
Tea

Snack
10 oz. Coffee
3.6 oz 50% Jalapeno Lite Cheddar
1/2 cup Almonds/Cashews
30 Pistachios

Lunch
Pesto Chicken Salad
3 Slices Jennie-O Turkey

Dinner
Steak Tips
Broccoli
Peppadews

As I sit here, I am facing the work week, more Kindegarten, the fall and basic life changes. It has just made me cry out that I would give my eyeteeth for a fistfull of Oatbake. I must be strong.

2 comments:

Mom said...

HI, I know how you feel. I always plan a day at the Open just before I go back after my vacation....it helps a little. Glad you mentioned this to the man at the gym....Fall has its compensations too...and there is something about the structure and order of the work day that is good. Also, Ruby loves school and the stimulation is great for her. Not to mention it must make things a bit easy for Em. Love, MOM

Anonymous said...

Oh, would I EVER have had somethin' to say re: touched blu-buries. "Sir?? SIR???..."