Sunday, September 18, 2005

202: They Can Put a Man on the Moon...

...but they can't figure out how to make earphones for the iPod that don't get tangled up every time you so much as take one step away from them. Look, I love Apple, but this is out of control. I spend at least 5 minutes of my total workout time doing this. Something must be done. I'm not sure if the next generation will continue to say "They can put a man on the moon, but..." but it's something every mother of all of my friends used to say about everything.

Breakfast
3 Whites, 2 Yolks
4 Slices of Tuscan Ham
2.4 oz Jalapeno Cheddar (Lite)
Coffee

Snack
6 oz. Stonyfield Chocolate Yogurt (Fat-free)
Lots o nuts
Cheese Stick

Lunch
Peppers, Onions & Ham
Peppadews

Dinner
85% hamburger
Greek Salad
Pickles

Can you tell we have a lot of ham in the house that we need to go through? It's true. Today Ruby had a birthday party and it was at the Boston Sports Club, which has a tony facility in Wellesley. I was impressed enough to seek out the membership person, even though it's a bit farther away than the JCC. It's $115 a MONTH. Wow, I could buy an elliptical machine for that and have a cheaper monthly nut. Those people are nuts. Really gave me some perspective on the ol' JCC today when I was there. I can tell you there were no old man in short-sleeved flannel shirts with leather shoes and dark socks doing the row-boat machine at the Boston Sports Club today, no sirreee. I need that. That's part of what keeps me going back.

No comments: