Thursday, September 01, 2005

185: Well, That's Over

Sure, it LOOKS easy from the perch at 8:30pm at home with all the kids asleep. But at 6:15AM, when Ruby was not sleeping and we were all fretting, it looked bad. Fortunately, the snack bag was packed with the greatest of care (two snacks and a lunch) and Ruby's bus pass was affixed to her knapsack and off she went. If I was a good parent, I would have a photo, but alas you'll have to use your imagination. With Ruby off for her first day of Kindergarten, I proceeded to eat half her breakfast, for old time's sake.

Breakfast
1 Slice When Pigs Fly Multi-Grain Anadama Bread
1 Tsp Peanut Butter
2 oz 50% Jalapeno Lite Cheddar
3 oz "Lite" Yoplait Yogurt with Blueberries

Snack
1 Dragon Stick
12 oz Coffee (half decaf)
1 oz Peanuts
2 Apples
1 Cheese Stick

Lunch
Can of Tuna
1 Romaine Heart
1 Can V-8 (6 oz)
1 Cheese Stick

Dinner
Chicken Breast with Peppers & Onions
Leftover Chinese Eggplant

Today there was so much to do and I was so tired that as I was making phone calls I just walked to the kitchen, and opened a can of Tuna and ate it. Never left the office at all. But tomorrow looks like a good walking day, so maybe we can make the most out of the fall (isn't that coming soon?). For now, it's tired-late nights by the U.S. Open and more fear of Detecto.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now that the ordeal of Ruby beginning Kindergarten and going on the bus has been negotiated...I think things will seem more back to order. Of course, there's not much to say about late night tennis. It's there and it's great. So I'm tired too. Love, MOM

Mom said...

Am I a blogger now? MOM