Monday, September 19, 2005

203: The Wedding

How best to prepare for a mid-day wedding? Why, bring my own snacks and have a big breakfast of course. Even these good preparations were no match for an 11:30 wedding and an endless stream of shrimp, bacon-wrapped scallops and chicken satay. But I did try.

Breakfast
2 Eggs, Over Easy (broke the yolks this AM)
2.5 Strips Turkey O'Bacon
2.4 oz Jalapeno Cheddar
Tea

Pre-Wedding Snack
1/4 cup Almonds/Cashews
1 Braeburn Apple (20% mealy, thrown away)

@ Wedding
Broccoli, Cauliflower, Cantaloupe, Strawberries, Cheese
5 Bacon-wrapped Scallops
6 Shrimp 'n' cocktail sauce
2 chicken satay
1 Salmon
Buttery Vegetables
1.5 bites of Wedding Cake

Dinner
Steak Tips
Broccoli
Asparagus
Leeks

It was a big eating day. The best thing I could do for myself was not snack when I got home (though I was tempted); not eat any more dinner than I was hungry for; and try to get up and do it right tomorrow. So, that's the plan.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Blue tooth ear piece has freed me to use my celluar telephone without tangled wires and it's fabulous. Maybe they'll make osmething like that for the iPod leaving you to your full exercise time. Ham? Love, MOM

Mom said...

The first comment was a response to yesterday and they are not accepting my password tonight. But what else is new? How about Felicity Huffman? Emmy's were very strange.....If you must go off your eating program... bacon wrapped scallops are right up there. Hope tomorrow is easier. Love, MOM