Monday, August 15, 2005

Day 168—Back to the Gym

I finally got to the gym today. It wasn't difficult, but I clearly wasn't up to my usual standards. I was doing a 13 minute mile (I was going as fast as 11.5) and by the time I got to 2.5 miles, I was starting to feel...well, not chest pains, but not like I wanted to go another mile. I got off at 3.00 and walked a mile on the track (that's 12 times around). I was enjoying my iPod quite a bit, and doing a shuffle through songs I didn't even remember I put on there. The gym was pretty deserted as it was very, very hot today. The pool continued to be closed, but, amazingly there was an article in today's Globe. (http://www.boston.com/news/local/articles/2005/08/14/frequent_pool_closings_spur_anger/):

The article begins "Frustration has grown at a Newton pool over how frequently the swimming facilities have been closed to clean up what state and federal regulators call ''fecal accidents.""

Breakfast
1 Whole Wheat English Muffin
1 Tbspn Peanut Butter
2.4 oz 50% Jalapeno Lite Cheese
Tea

Snack
Coffee
1/4 cup Almonds & Cashews
1.2 oz 50% Jalapeno Lite Cheese

Lunch
Salad (Romaine, Cabbage) with Feta
Tuna Salad
Coke Zero
Grapes

Dinner
Italian Sausage
Chili
Broccoli
Chicken Pesto

Tomorrow I face detecto. I am currently looking for my all my gauze clothing to wear. More on this as it develops.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You mean they weigh you with your clothes on? Your true weight, according to your mother, is first thing in the morning with "no clothes!" Do they at least let you take off your shoes? Anyway I wish you well with it. Love, MOM

P.S. Watch the speed on the treadmill Slow steady increases do the job best. Love again, MOM