Saturday, August 06, 2005

159: Again, Feeling Shitty

Is it wrong if I'm worrying that Nyquil is too high in carbs to take? It's not only high in sodium but it contains high fructose corn syrup, which is a no-no, as it's made of corn, which is in itself a no-no. Of course, it's August, and THAT MEANS CORN. Although it also frequently means HOT and so who wants to boil water? If I get the chance, I almost certainly will have one or two ears of corn this summer—it would be a crime not to. I also want readers to know that I do eat carbs. People ask "Are you going to eat carbs one day?" Yes, probably when I decide to take up smoking cigarettes again—when I've given up. No, that's not true, I do eat carbs. I eat bread (whole wheat), english muffins (ditto), All-Bran cereal, Steel-cut Oatmeal, and whole wheat pasta. I guess if some pizzeria made whole wheat pizza I'd probably eat it but the frozen stuff looks bad and if I'm gonna eat carbs it better taste good, or it ain't worth it.

Breakfast
3 Whites, 2 Yolks (which should tell you that 1 yolk was broken)
2 strips TB
Tea
1.2 oz 50% Jalapeno Light Cheddar

Snack
1/2 cup mixed nuts (salted almonds, unsalted cashews)

Lunch
4 Slices of Pepperoni Pizza (just the cheese & pepperoni, natch)
Greek Salad (no feta)

Dinner
Wok-Scrod
Snow Peas
1.2 oz jalapeno cheese
1/4 cup mixed nuts

A surprising lunch arrived today at work from a vendor trying to win our business. It was pizza and salad (thank God for the salad). As it was I had 4 slices (just the cheese), and as a result, I skipped my afternoon snack. But this was self-defeating because when I got home I became a nutso-maniac and ate a few handfuls to tide me over until dinner. I realized today, that the part about maintaining a diet is NOT not eating when you're hungry. It's actually NOT eating when you're NOT hungry, if you can understand that. Since I am accustomed to eating a snack between 3:30 and 4:00 it was really hard not to eat anything today, but in fact, I wasn't hungry from my big lunch. So at about 3:50 I shuffled over to the Store 24 to get a soda, lest I begin to eat stamps and glue in my office.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Definitely watch out for the stamps and glue. Mo calories but they do have other problems. This way of eating is so great...but obviously some days are harder than others. I think you're doing a great job. Really an inspiration. Love, MOM