Friday, August 12, 2005

165: The South Beach Diet, Continued

An interesting added benefit to losing weight, which I think I may have mentioned here before, is the return of vivid dreams. For a period of up to three years or more, I don't remember having too many dreams, which could be because I was developing some kind of sleep apnea, or some other reason. But as of about 25 lbs off, they started to come back and boy, they were doozies. I suppose if I'm dreaming it must also mean I'm sleeping better, which may in fact, contribute to feeling better in general, with the exception of this week, when I feel both crappy and heavy. I could be eating a lot more fruit with Vitamin C in it. Must remember to pick up some oranges, which unlike grapefruit, is SoBe-friendly.

Breakfast
1 Slice When Pigs Fly Multi-Grain Anadama
1 Tsp Peanut Butter
Tea
1.2 oz 50% Lite Jalapeno Cheddar

Snack
1 12 oz coffee (half decaf)
1/4 Mixed Almonds & Cashews
1 Braeburn Apple
7 Apricots

Lunch
Coke Zero
Greek Salad with Grilled Chicken

Dinner
90% Hamburger
Chicken Breasts
Cabbage, Peppers, Onions
Snap Peas
Peppadews
Broccoli & Cheese

Felt like I ate a lot tonight, but again I notice that I hardly ever eat past 8:00pm now, which is something I notice a lot of other people in my life (but not in my house) do. I also noted that I was starting to be a little uncareful—I had a frosted cheerio to see if it was stale; i tasted a bite of mac and cheese to see if it had turned; I better watch it. I hope I can get out there for a walk tomorrow, as I'm certain it will help my general humor, which right now, is in the dumps.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have been wondering about your vitamin C intake. No matter what they say, I do believe it helps build resistance to colds....so I'm all for it. Hope you feel better soon. Love, MOM