Tuesday, August 23, 2005

176: Last Day of Work

Well it wasn't much of day of work, but there was some work that got done and so that has to count for something. Today was the really the onset of my vacation anxiety, which caused me to nut-out a bit. I also realized (again) that eating begets eating. And that is that if you can keep from snacking for a period of time you might be OK, but if you open those flood gates, watch out. I think that's why so much eating, dessert eating and late-night eating happens. You get the sensation that you're hungry. You have a little something. It tastes good. You have a portion. Then you want some more. You eat until you're done, which according the to the literature, is bad, since you're full well in advance of FEELING full. That's why it's so important to take a break during dinner, but not if you're trying to win a fast-weiner eating contest.

Breafkast
Four Whites, Two Yolks Over Easy (and just like it sounds, a disaster)
2 Strips Turkey Bacon
Tea
2.4 oz Jalapeno Light Cheddar

Snack
1/4 cup mixed almonds/cashews
1 dragon stick
1.2 oz jalapeno light cheddar

Lunch
Steak Tips
Green Beans
House Salad

Dinner
90% Sirloin Burgers
Emily's Hot'n'Spicy Cabbage
4 Peppadews

After Dinner Packing-Anxiety Snack
1/2 cup Almonds & Cashews

Looked Pretty Good But I Resisted
Nips

Still Missing From My Life
Gary

Look, going on vacation is great on so many levels I don't want people to get the wrong idea that I'm not excited. But when you have a certain eating lifestyle to keep to, it can also be stressful. Sure I can eat lobster, but I will have to fend off corn and watermelon and ice cream, and God knows what else. I'm not sure I'll be able to post the next four days or so, but I will write. So check back early and often, and wish me good luck.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It goes without saying but I'll say it anyway...Have a wonderful vacation! By now you already know how you feel when you are with the program and that will make you feel even better on vacation. Look how well the Internet is working for me! Thanks! Love, MOM
P.S. Report in from the trenches if you can. Love again, MOM