Saturday, August 13, 2005

167: Nut So Fast

After an evening of wanton nut-eating, sitting in a smokey room and staying up late, a day of rest is usually what is called for. As usual, I get up early with Ruby and we get the day going. However, it's so hot that we have stay mostly inside and enjoy the frigid air. We did make a few trips out, though working out wasn't in the cards. I did think I would have a chance to exercise when everyone went to the pool, but by the time I got there it was closed due to "Biological Contamination." For some reason, this happens quite a lot at the JCC. I asked them about it and they said "it was a state law to close the pool for 24 hours afterwards." If anyone reading this goes to a pool in Massachusetts, please let me know if you ever heard or seen your pool closed for 24 hours during the summer. Because these "events of B.C." can't be THAT rare. Instead, I took Ruby and my niece to the supermarket and for two aisles, pushed them and a cart full of groceries around. It's not much, but it's not sitting on the couch, either.

Breakfast
Three Eggs
2.5 Strips of Turkey Bacon
1.2 oz Jalapeno Cheddar
Coffee

Snack
1/4 English Muffin, with Peanut Butter
1/8th Cup Almonds & Cashews
1.2 oz Jalapeno Cheddar

Lunch
Tuna Salad on Greek Salad

Dinner
Steak Tips
Broccoli and Peppadew Salad
Asparagus

I really tried hard not to eat nuts today, in order to detoxify, but after I got back from the supermarket (around 6:45) I realized I was very hungry and needed something just to get through the process of making dinner. A handful nuts it was ("hair of the nutty dog"). Tomorrow I am getting to the gym for sure, since I will not go quietly into Monday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hot, it sure is. With respect to BC at least at Parkwood younger children mustto use double pampers or rubber undies to go into the pool...so I've never been aware of it closing for that reason. Of course, it's been so hot that we haven't even felt llke swimming. Phyllis and her family moved into a new house that has a giganto above ground pool.. so maybe we'll get there. Saw Bill Murray's Broken Flowers. I liked it a lot. Love, MOM Good luck with Mr. D tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

Hot, it sure is. With respect to BC at least at Parkwood younger children must use double pampers or rubber undies to go into the pool...so I've never been aware of it closing for that reason. Of course, it's been so hot that we haven't even felt llke swimming. Phyllis and her family moved into a new house that has a giganto above ground pool.. so maybe we'll get there. Saw Bill Murray's Broken Flowers. I liked it a lot. Love, MOM Good luck with Mr. D tomorrow!