Tuesday, August 02, 2005

156: Them's Big Eatins

This morning all I could think about is how I always want more than I have. Though it was an old joke in my family that we spent lunch discussing breakfast and planning dinner, the reality is sometimes I am eating my piece of cheese and I am thinking about the next piece. That is why portion control, though not primarily a feature of SoBe, is so important. I know that I must limit my bacon amount, my cheese amount and especially my nut amount. If I do not, I will be carried away. I believe I can continue just eating and eating. Really.

Breakfast
2 Eggs, The Usual
Bacon Du Turkey, The Same
1 oz 50% Jalapeno Cheddar Cheese
Tea

Snack
1/4 Mixed Unsalted Nuts
16 oz Sprite Zero
1 Royal Gala Apple

Lunch
Turkey Tips
Mixed Greens

Dinner
Chicken-Lettuce Wraps
Spare Ribs
Mongolian Beef
Lemon-Pepper Prawns
Garlic Spinach

Felt like a big eating day because I got turkey tips for lunch, which is quite meat-rific and a bit extravagant for lunch. I also had dinner at P.F. Changs, a very good Chinese restaurant. Though we ordered brown rice (which is acceptable vis-a-vis SoBe) I skipped it because honestly, I'd rather eat another bite of mongolian beef than the same amount (or even twice the amount of) rice. What I was proud of myself today was that I did not falter between meals or meal periods. This is probably because there were no stray nuts or apricots in my office, which almost always lead to in-between meal snacking. I might find it better to bring the snacks I need and not keep a supply around.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm having problems with the internet....but SoBe it. I think it's a great idea to bring your own snacks. That helps with control in a big way. Clothes tomorrow? Love, MOM