Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Day 37: Walks Make Me Hungry

Today I went on another Domania-walk. I'm not sure I mentioned that we have started to walk from the finish to the beginning, which is much more difficult, because it presents a lot more of the uphill qualities early in the walk before you are totally warmed. Of course, the good part is that there's a lot more cool downhill walking at the end. As usual, I had "a view of the field" as they describe the horse in last place. The good news was that I felt great after the walk but I WAS SUPER HUNGRY AS ALL GET OUT. I had a fairly decent lunch, and I had had snacks AND coffee, but I guess I raised my metabolism, cause by the time I got home I was ready to eat the plates. As I write this (9:45pm) I am ready to eat a whole box of Uncle Sam's wood shavings but I am containing myself by having mango tea and telling myself that I must be hungry if I am to lose weight.

Breakfast
Jennie O (she's back) Turkey Bacon
1 Egg Over Easy, 1 Totally F(&#$d Up
Tea

Snack-o-rama
15 Cashews
15 Pistachios
1 Cheese Stick
4 oz Blueberry (Lite) Yogurt

Lunch
2 Roll Mops: Turkey, Ham, Swiss Lorraine
Pickles
Head O'Romaine

Dinner
90% Sirloin Burger
Fried Onions
Asparagus
Pickles

What I've learned about Swiss Lorraine, the cheese, is that it is actually more holes than cheese. That's what I think makes it low-fat. I've looked over the SoBe book and it seems that when you introduce carbs back into your diet the lunches seem to lose the protein. No matter what's happening with me, I feel like I have some wiggle room because I have decided to skip dessert and that has to buy me something, right?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Just checking in to say hello and I'm in your corner. Looking forward to seeing you all at Passover. Love, MOM

Anonymous said...

skipping dessert buys you a hell of a lot in my eyes, Rob, in particular my endless admiration for anyone who is able to tame the inner sugar terrorist. I AM FAILING AT THIS. The healthiest thing I can say I'm eating dessert-wise is black licorice - and I'm sure Dr. Foo would have something to say about that. Sorry to counter-blog.

love

e