Thursday, April 14, 2005

46: Very Few Things Funny About the Number 46

One of the things I have noticed about straying further out into Phase Two is how bad much of the food in 'middle' is. In the harsh Phase One, you are eating basically food in a primal state, meat, vegetables, broken yolks. Going out to eat was all about 'what I can order that is just plain meat and vegetables?" On Phase Two I have been to several restaurants and sometimes the things I get are just downright unappealing. I guess it's my own fault for going to a bar and ordering a salad. What did I expect except brown, broken, wilted lettuce dripping with dressing (I ordered it lightly dressed)? Serves me right. I think for restaurant orders, I'll stick to Phase One, but you better not break the yolks or I'M SENDING IT BACK. Emily says the diet makes me cranky, but I think she's wrong.

Breakfast
1 cup All-Bran
3/4 Cup Fatfree (and very suspicious-smelling) Milk
3 Dried Apricots
(This breakfast should include a geriatric running suit)

Snack
30 Almonds
4 oz yogurt
30 Pistachios

Lunch
Floppy Dead Green Things Posing as Salad with Chicken

Dinner
Salmon with Snow Peas
Greek Salad
Broccoli

Dessert
Club Soda


Did not get to walk today, even though it was a nice day and I was ready to go. Hopefully tomorrow we'll all get out there. I wonder how long it will take before I find the walk to be literally 'no sweat.' As of this writing, I am starting to think about Passover and whether or not I will eat Matzah (maybe just a bite).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Sorry that your lunch with David? was a bust food-wise. You have beautiful daughters! The pictures are wonderful. Can't wait to see you all. Love, MOM

Anonymous said...

didn't say "cranky", exactly...