Saturday, February 24, 2007

Year 2, Day 358: Soooooo Sleeepy

Ruby had a basketball game today at 8:30AM. I realized this at 3AM last night when I was going to sleep. I actually got up around 8 and thought we could make it. Ruby wasn't up; Emily told me to let her sleep until she woke up. When she did wake up she did NOT want to go play basketball. Though I was disappointed, I know when to hold em and when to fold em. We all went back to sleep.

Breakfast
2 Slices of Balthazar Multi-Grain Pan Loaf plus the crusts of two other slices
2 Soft-boiled eggs
1 Knife's worth of Peanut Butter
Coffee

Lunch
Chicken Breast
Romaine & Cabbage and Parmesan Salad with Balsamic Vinegar
2 oz 50% Jalapeno Cheddar

Etc.
Cheese of 1/3 a slice of pizza
a few grapes
a few olives
one stick of beef jerky

Dinner
65% of 1/3 of lb of Pork Tenderloin
A few bites of hamburger
Last night's cauliflower
A pickle
A few carrot sticks

Dessert
12 chocolate chips

There are times as a parent when you are called on to perform without much sleep; but then there are times when you are simply just tired. Today was the latter and I tried to drink a lot a lot of coffee to just get through it. I dragged Ruby to my barber shop by again bribing her with something from Dunkin' Donuts. This helped me feel much better. Amazingly, after that she wanted a slice of pizza, possibly a pavlovian response to the smell and appearance of her fave pizza restaurant. I really enjoyed the donut-pizza combo. One day I fear she'll have to watch what she eats. But today it did not matter one bit.

No comments: