Saturday, February 17, 2007

Year 2, Day 351: Visit from MOM

It has been a very mild winter, and my MOM decided to come up and visit with all the kids. As a special treat we went and got a mess of Blue Ribbon BBQ, which more and more seems like the only thing I ever eat, but in fact it's not. Because all the food is essence, SoBe friendly (meats and vegetables) I tend to eat a lot. Today, I was caught unawares by the corn bread croutons. They came with the salad in a little side-plastic container. I ate EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM. Sigh.

Breakfast
2 Slices of Iggy's 7-Grain Bread
Super Chunky Peanut Butter
2 oz 50% Jalapeno Cheddar
Coffee

Snacks
~4 cups of Boston Lite Popcorn

Lunch: Blue Ribbon BBQ
Brisket
Burnt Ends
Big Green Salad
Beans
Pickles
Cole Slaw
Corn Bread Croutons
1 Bite of Corn Bread
1 bite of Maple Bread Pudding

Dinner
Big Green Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette
Hamburger
Pickles

Probably a perfect diet would not include the fatty cuts of meat that make up brisket or too many red meats like hamburger. I do get 93% lean sirloin, which I was initially afraid would be tasteless but is in fact quite good. I probably could eliminate red meats from our diet and we probably should. Whenever I talk to vegetarians or vegans about their diets, there is always a lot a high-carb stuff there: pasta, bread, rice, etc. They tend to be thin as rails so that's fine, but I continue not to be thin as a rail, so for now I'm sticking to the meat.

No comments: