Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Year 2, Day 347: A Day with No Nuts

I insist on going without nuts today. I will take my life back. However, by 10:00 am I had already eaten four pieces of beef jerky, my day's allotment. I am not sure why I am so much hungrier now in the mornings. It could have to do with winter, or it could have to do with shifting metabolisms, but whatever it is, I am trying to be en guarde against it. But mostly, trying to hide the nuts.

Breakfast
Kashi Go Lean!
Heritage Flakes
Blueberries
Banana
Unsweetened Soy Milk
Coffee

Snack
2 oz 50% Jalapeno Cheddar
5 Sticks Beef Jerky
1 Fuji Apple
2.5 Cups Orville Redenbacher Popcorn

Lunch: Russo's ($5.73)
Romaine, red pepper, red onion, feta
chicken, broccoli, mushrooms,
balsamic vinegar, pepperocini

Dinner
Ground Turkey
String Beans a la Emily
2 Pickles
1 of the thinnest slices of Iggy's Bread

Dessert
Chocolate Square
1 of the tiniest nibbles of a piece of cake and frosting that Carolyn made for Owen

Tonight (but not yet) they are calling for snow and lots of it. Right now it just super cold. A neighbor walking her dog asked me as I drove by "Is it cold enough for ya?" I know you can't believe that the cliche is actually alive and living but it is. Though she is a senior citizen, I replied foolishly "No, I'd like it a little colder," which fell pretty much on deaf ears, in both a figurative and literal sense. I had the good fortune to buy a lot of rock salt and extra ergonomic shovels, so I was ready for the onslaught. Emily has organized the crafts table, so we're ready for a school-is-cancelled stay home today for Valentine's Day.

No comments: