Sunday, February 18, 2007

Year 2, Day 352 Sundays with Chicken Caesar

Another Sunday, another 65 minutes and another seven miles. Now that the gym has become a staple in my life I'm realizing again how important the music element is. Now there are some workouts where I don't even want to listen to music, but most times I find it really makes the difference, between whether you are just doing the standard hamster in the wheel or really going for the Jennifer Beals-while-Maniac-by-Michael-Sembello is playing kind of thing. Because I don't watch videos or listen to the radio a lot every day, I don't get exposed to too much new music. This makes it hard to create new and exciting play lists frequently, and a lot of the music that I grew up on (Beatles, Springsteen, Costello) are not great workout records. Though I did do an all KISS workout today, just for an experiment. It was actually pretty good, but there was a lot of reaching for the iPod's skip button.

Breakfast
Kashi
Heritage Flakes
Strawberries
Blueberries
Bananas
Unsweetened Soy Milk
Coffee

Lunch
1/2 Blue Ribbon BBQ Buffalo Chicken Caesar
Brisket
Cabbage, Onion & Feta Salad

Snack
Almonds & Cashews
2 oz 50% Jalapeno Cheddar

Dinner
Turkey Crumble
Lettuce Wraps

Dessert
~16 Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
2 Kissables

Taking advantage of my post-work high-functioning metabolism, I ate the rest of the BBQ Buffalo Caesar my mother left over. It is a strange experience to eat a wrap as I hardly ever do it. It also happened to be FANTASTIC. I can't say for certain, but I did experience a chocolate meltdown later in the evening, when doling out the dessert for the kids.

No comments: