Thursday, February 22, 2007

Year 2, Day 356: Return Home

You thought it couldn't get any worse, but it did. After another Palisades breakfast of Omelet & Bacon, we set out on the road at lunchtime with little in the way of provisions. This led to some bad eating and some 'what did I eat today?' moments as well as some tired, cranky and hungry people arriving in Boston.

Breakfast: Palisades
Omelet (Ham, cheese, peppers, onions, mushrooms)
Bacon
Bites of pancakes (yum)
Lots of Coffee

Snack/Car-Ride
~4 cups Boston Lite Popcorn
1.5 Red Delicious Apple
1 oz Smartfood
2 Sticks Beef Jerky

Upon Arrival
2 oz 50% Jalapeno Cheddar
1 Slice Balthazar Multi-Grain Bread
Super Chunky Peanut Butter

Dinner: Bamboo
2 mini-Shumai
1 Gyoza
Sashimi Special (Salmon, Tuna, Whitefish, Octopus, Sable, Crab)

Right after arriving home it seemed like the dark-haired girls (Magnolia and Emily) wanted to nap, so after a quick snack I took Ruby out to Create-a-Cook (www.createacook.com) where they teach kids cooking and have drop-in-sessions for decorating cakes and cupcakes. Ruby and I made three cupcakes and had a great time. Surrounded by every single sugary candy in the world, I felt a great sense of serenity; I did not want for any of them. Though I did accidentally eat some frosting when I tried to clean my finger with my mouth. After we got back we decided to go see a movie and we grabbed a quick sushi dinner at Bamboo. Now I have passed this restaurant a hundred times and NEVER would have even gone in because 1) it's in a Holiday Inn in Dedham and 2) It's a SUSHI restaurant in a Holiday Inn in Dedham. However, Chowhound said it was good and I trust them with my life so we went, and you know what? It was pretty good. No complaints, I would absolutely go again. As a possible nod to their hotel-hosts they also have Chinese food and you could just tell from the intergenerational families coming in that a lot of their customers were hotel guests. Not a lot of takers on the Japanese fare, but it was fresh and good.

2 comments:

Mom said...

Trying again. Always nice to find another Sushi restaurant. Sounds like you and Ruby had a great time. Love, MOM

Mom said...

Hi, Trying again. It says all comments must be approved by the blog author.Love, MOM