Saturday, December 30, 2006

Year 2, Day 301: Things Are Tough All Over

A tough day—I had to go into the office and have a confrontation. If you know me you know that's not my favorite thing to do. I was kind of dreading it for the few days off prior including Christmas. But now it's behind me and I can focus on the future. They say that everything that's hard for you to do is a growing experience. But as someone who grew to 226 lbs, I can tell you some of that growing is for the birds.

Breakfast
Kashi Go Lean!
Heritage Flakes
Ikea Muesli
Blueberries
Banana
Unsweetened Soy Milk
Coffee

Lunch
Ham & Jalapeno Cheddar Omelet

Snack
2 Clementines
A few slices of salami

Dinner/Poker
Almonds & Cashews
Boston Lite Popcorn
Pistachios
Rollmops of Roast Beef, Turkey and Corned Beef and Swiss Cheese
Salami & Muenster
Pickles
Cole Slaw
Salad

For the third poker game in a row, I have amazingly lost money. Now for about 17 years I won more than I lost but now I seem to be in a bit of a poker rut. Could be the food; could be the demon nuts, who knows? There is no doubt, as all of you already know, that I eat an irresponsible number of pistachios. They might, in fact be getting in the way of my cards, because they are so distracting. You don't believe me? I will challenge anyone who's reading this. Go somewhere and get GOOD pistachios, or almonds or cashews (don't get walnuts or pecans because they aren't eating nuts as far as I'm concerned and don't count.). Get a pound. Sit them on your desk or near your work or in your lap watching TV or whatever. Open the bag. Take one handful (about a half cup if you have regular-size hands) and eat them. Then see how long you can go without eating ANY MORE NUTS. You'll see why I call them Satan's Candy. If you can go more than 10 minutes then you're a better person than I am. Or at least you're more nut-resistant.

1 comment:

Mom said...

I guess we all have our version of Satan's candy. These are the things that we love that just taste like more. It varies for me but I can certainly sympathize wtih "nuts." Anyway, I'm sure you can handle the cravings and the confrontations and just about anything you put your mind to. Love, MOM