Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Year 2, Day 298: Tuesday After Christmas

The first day after Christmas is clearly not a day to go to the mall, and especially not a good day to go to the Natick Mall of all things. I thought it would be very easy to just zip in and zip out and get a tool box that I sorely needed, but the paralyzing gridlock even a mile away from the mall was a sign that I should skip it all together. Foolishly, I ignored this sign and got trapped driving around the mall in frustration. Of course one of the great things about it being after Christmas is that Ruby did not insist on watching "Spongebob's Christmas" for the 25th time this morning. Though I was just starting to get used to it for my morning routine.

Breakfast
kashi go lean
heritage flakes
banana
blueberries
ikea muesli
unsweetened soy milk
coffee

Lunch
Turkey
String Beans
Bubbie's Pickles

Snack
1 Stick Beef Jerky
1 oz. Boston Lite Popcorn

Dinner:
Blue Ribbon BBQ Burnt Ends
Bubbie's Pickles
Grilled Asparagus

As it was, I did do several things I needed to do today, though working out wasn't one of them. I thought this would be a vacation of a lot of work outs, but so far it hasn't really come to pass. I did make my annual pilgrimage to Borders for discount Christmas Music, but their selection was poor and they weren't having a sale (It started a week later-Ed.). So I ended up dropping off Ruby on a play date and then taking a nice hour for myself at Newbury Comics, where I filled up my after-Christmas music stocking with lots of goodies. Amazingly, this has been a totally snow-less holiday so far.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Sorry not to be with you at Xmas...and also in your post Xmas search. Wait till next year. Love, MOM