Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Year 2, Day 292: Missed Walk

For one of the first times in recent memory, I had to miss a Domania walk today because I had a preexisting engagement. I have certainly missed walks before, but today was a nice day and I was especially eager to put some miles on. Instead, I went to lunch with a corporate employee (not a Domania employee) based in Boston that's leaving the fold. We went to V Majestic, which is an incredible Vietnamese Restaurant in Allston. And just as Emily and I did so many times during our 20s, we went to Herrell's ice cream after. Despite my advice to get the chocolate pudding, my coworker got the butter pecan, even though it was a 38 degree day.

Breakfast
Kashi Go Lean!
Heritage Flakes
Ikea Muesli
Blueberries
Banana
Unsweetened Soy Milk
Coffee

Snack
1 Extra Smokey
4 sticks beef Jerky

Lunch: V Majestic
Broccoli & Shrimp (5 Shrimp Total)
1 Fresh Roll

Dinner
1.5 Hamburgers
Pickles
Salad
A little bit of Blue Ribbon BBQ

Made the woman at Blue Ribbon angry at me when I forgot her name. It happens to be Laura, but when I called I thought it was Lisa. When I asked if it was Lisa I got a curt "no". Then I tried again and she said "are you calling Blue Ribbon?" Caller ID has made the entire process painfully transparent, and even though Emily would say I am imagining things, I am certain Laura saw me come in and hid behind the barbecue door until I paid for my meal. Though I must say they heavily stuffed the containers of food beyond all normalcy, so that it was hard to open and close them. Well it was a lot easier to close after I opened it in the car and ate some of it. I drove home thinking "My name aphasia is getting bad in my old age."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Having problems with weight loss? To achieve lasting weight loss you need knowledge and a little work. Your food intake must contain proper amounts of protein carbohydrate and fat. (or it wont work!) And you need proper exercise intensity, frequency and duration (not what you think). To get more info. please visit Weight Loss