Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Year 2, Day 299: Wednesday The Rabbi Caught a Cold

I realized today that the difference between a good day off and a bad day off is how you spend your time. When you get a lot of stuff done, even if it's little stuff, you can feel great. But if you squander a day, just let it get away from you, it's bad. If you plan to do nothing, it can still be good, but today sort of got away from me plus which I am coming down with a honest-to-goodness cold. I cannot remember the last time I came down with something like this. At my most dramatic, I will say that there is little in this world that is as unfair as getting a cold while on vacation.

Breakfast
Kashi Go Lean!
Heritage Flakes
Ikea Muesli
Blueberries
Banana
Unsweetened Soy Milk
Coffee

Snack
1.5 oz Boston Lite Popcorn
1 heel of Balthazar Bread with 1.5 oz Jalapeno Cheddar
2 oz. 50% Jalapeno Cheddar

Lunch: Fuji Steak House
Sashimi Platter
Miso Soup
Salad
Edamame

Dinner
Turkey, Carrots, Celery, Onions
Cauliflower
Bubbie's Pickles
A few bites of hamburger

Today Emily and I had a lunch date in town at Fuji Steak House. It is a very nice room and it's so rare that Emily and I can really get away on a lunch date. I think that after years and years I have broken myself of my old habit—and that was to try and find the most delicious thing on the menu, and then order it. Now I feel like I just know what is the best and most appropriate thing to order by cuisine and I order it. Very often the excitement of a new cuisine and a new menu could make my head swim. Emily can attest to the fact that left to do the ordering for a crowd, I will always over-order. It's just my nature. For dinner, I continue to eat the turkey leftovers and I have to admit that they're not bad. I'm really enjoying them and I think I can make making a turkey a regular part of my routine.

No comments: