Sunday, December 17, 2006

Year 2, Day 289: Back to the Gym

It was another unbelievable December day where we were all able to go out with a just a sweatshirt on. It's great for us. It's always good when you can spend time outside because that time is usually spent moving around and burning calories. It's also so much better for the kids, who get really cranky by the second month of being house-bound.

Breakfast
Breakfast
Kashi Go Lean
Heritage Flakes
Blueberries
A Small Banana
Unsweetened Soy Milk
Coffee

Snack
6 oz. Plain Yogurt
4 Tablespoons Chunky Peanut Butter
a few hot dog bites

Postworkout Lunch
2 Eggs (over easy)
2 Slices Balthazar Bread
4 oz. 50% Jalapeno Cheddar
1 Coke Zero

Dinner
93% SIrloin Burger
Greek Salad (Romaine, Cabbage, Feta, Red & Yellow Peppers, Balsamic Vinegar)

Dessert
A few squares of chocolate

Still not feeling 100% made the gym workout hard but when I went (1:00pm) meant no one was there and I had the place to myself. I was watching a show called Extreme Quest about people who walk, bike, swim and boat across Utah and the Moab dessert. It was inspirational, but not pretty. These people are falling down from dehydration, walking on bloody stumps of feet, becoming delirious and just simply, collapsing. Though I was in air-conditioned gym, I certainly felt my share of my aches and pains; it took me 70 minutes to do my six miles and the last .5 miles was pretty tough going. It's been a while since I felt I was going to have a heart attack, but today was a return to form.

No comments: