Sunday, June 05, 2005

Day 97: Just another SoBe day

Ruby and I went to the Needham street fair today, where of course they had little to offer in the way of SoBe edibles, except if you count hot dogs'n'burgers. Wisely, I ate before we got there. There was a lot of walking and sweating, but I'm not sure it counted as exercise. Did not get to the gym, or anything. Domestically, a good day, but from a 500-calorie deficit-producing-standpoint, a bust.

Breakfast
Eggs 'n' Turkey Bacon
Tea
1 oz chocolate yogurt

Snack
1/2 cup mixed lightly salted nuts
two cheese sticks
Medium Dunkin' Donuts Coffee (half decaf)

Pre-Street Fair Lunch
6 oz peach 'lite' yogurt
1 cup strawberries/blueberries
1/8th cup grape nuts

Post-Fair lunch
2 Roll Mops, Ham & "lite" Jarlsberg and Peppers
Greek Salad with Feta
2 Tsp Peanut Butter

Dinner
More Salad (Red Leaf), Scallions, Feta
Tuna Salad
1 Debreaded Chicken Nugget (now that's really pathetic)

There's a lot going on in my life right now and I can't tell if my urge to eat is anxiety or boredom-snacking or just real hunger. I feel hungry a lot and it may just be that I have to dismantle 25 or so years of bad eating habits, including 'grazing' 'finishing what you're eating' and the like. Like an addict, finishing Ruby's PB&J crusts is never far from my mind. I must be strong if I going to make it through the next seven or so weeks. I'll have to be strong after that too, but possibly not AS strong. Ruby and I were looking through some toy catalog today and there was an inflatable water slide. It stated that its maximum capacity for weight-bearing was 200lbs. I thought "there's that challenge again."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, It's definitely rougher on the weekends which are less sructured....but the results of being firm are so worth it. I think it' s a great idea to have something before you go to something like a street fair..Bravo! Love, MOM