Friday, June 10, 2005

Day 103: Company Comes

My father and stepmother have arrived, and they are both on Atkins (the more carb-repressive diet cousin of South Beach). As a result, I am much more prepared, food-wise for their visit then I was last time, but I got a few more to complement our diet-friendly house like an array of meats and goat and sheep cheeses (because my father is lactose intolerant). Also, I knew they were going to arrive late (9:30ish) so I knew I was going to join them in a nosh, plus have a glass of red wine. Now SoBe says red wine is OK, but I haven't had any wine for at least 102 days and probably more. It TASTED GOOD. Anyway, my dinner with Emily earlier in the evening didn't work out, so I was glad to eat later, but I'm not sure I've got an accurate count here of what I ate. So take it with a grain of salt.

Breakfast
1 Cup All-Bran
1 Cup Strawberries
3/4 Cup Fat free Milk
Tea

Snack
12 oz Coffee (half Decaf)
1/2 cup mixed nuts
1 Cheese Stick

Lunch
Salad, no dressing
1 Scoop tuna salad

Dinner
MORE Salad
Some meat from La Rotisserie

Mezzo-Father-Snack
Ass't Goat and Sheep Cheese Chunks
Some Capicola, Dry Salami, Pepperoni and Toscano (all from Russo's)
A few Grapes
Glass Red Wine

I could have finished the bottle of red wine, it was so yummy. But I thought, "detecto is just waiting for me...like a spider." I better stay on my best behavior, and that's hard to do when company comes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is Russo's and how does it compare to Dewars? And why haven't I heard of it before now??

Lurleen

Anonymous said...

Yes, what is Russo's amd how does it compare to anything I know? Hold fast, visitors are tough. Glad they are on Atkins...I"m sure it will help. Love from NY. MOM