Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Day 120: Detecto Says 199.99999999


Since pounds are tabulated in ounces, this headline isn't quite as funny or accurate as I would have liked it to be. But today, at weigh-in, Donna put it on 200 and said "let's see if 200—nope," and then had to switch to the next lower setting, which is the 100, on the 50 setting, and then move the little scale-thing to 49.9999999. Since the scales are only formulated by halves, it's not clear that I weigh significantly less than 200 lbs; only that it was LESS than 200. Now this is a win of the John F. Kennedy election variety; I am not resting on my laurels, I have got 3.99999 lbs to lose in 4 weeks, and for those of you counting, thats a pound a week. Honestly, I don't know if I can do it, but if I can be at around 197 at the next weigh-in, in the words of Paul McCartney, THAT WOULD BE SOMETHING. IT REALLY WOULD BE SOMETHING.

Breakfast
1 cup strawberries
6 oz yoplait vanilla
15 almonds

Snack
1/4 cup mixed unsalted nuts
1 much-older than I would have liked Granny smith apple
1 cheese stick

Lunch
Greek Salad with Beef

Dinner
Rainbow Trout with Bok Choy a la Em
2 oz Light Jalapeno Cheddar
Broccoli and Peppadew Salad
3 bites of Ruby's hamburger

Even though the day started with a 'bang,' I was seriously hungry all day, and I realized with great sadness how much being at work is like being in a car on a hot day with a sleeping, cranked-out baby. I just kept wanting to reach for something to eat, and I have to remind myself that it's OK to be hungry. When you combine actually being hungry with being bored and wanting to eat to allay your boredom, that's a tough time to be strong. But it's no so hard when Donna tells you the news. Also, it did not escape my notice that the only time I didn't lose weight via Detecto was when that other nurse weighed me in. Now that Donna's back, it's all downhill from here....I mean on the scale of course. I am thinking about what meal I would celebrate with for my birthday. Chinese? Pizza? Sheet cake? For some reason, all I could think of today was how much I miss Cinamon Crunch (Jeane La Foot, pictured here). I don't think they make it anymore, but I might spend the day after Ruby's birthday eating every breakfast cereal there is, then going back to the diet. Because the truth is, I still need to get into the 180s. It may take a long time, but I am going to get there. Of course, I might be four feet tall by the time I do...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Congratulations! That's really an achievement. I went to be just after 11 PM so missed the good news last night. Really a fine job.....can't wait to see you. I know these last few pounds are the hardest....but so worthwhile. Love, MOM