Thursday, June 16, 2005

Day 108: Welcome Back My Friend, Hunger

Though at one point today I was thinking "resolve is an appetite suppressant", that thought was short lived, as after dinner tonight, I felt a nut-jones coming on and after 10 peanuts I had to "get my gum on" to get it under control. The reason I was interacting with the peanuts (roasted, salted) is that Ruby has them for a bath-snack, so I had to mule them upstairs, but found it too tempting and had some. For the balance of tonight, I felt my first serious night-hunger pangs in quite a while. I was really famished. On top of it all, Magnolia is absolutely miserable, and wailing like a banshee. So that was probably fueling my desire to eat an entire package of Newman-Os. Luckily, I resisted.

Breakfast
2 Eggs, Over Easy
Turkey Bacon (2 Strips)
Tea

Snack
12 oz coffee (1/2 decaf)
1/4 cup mixed, unsalted nuts
1 Granny smith Apple
12 oz Sprite Zero

Lunch
Greek Salad with Grilled Chicken
No dressing

Dinner
Tilapia a la Emily
Snowpeas
10 Peanuts

Today, on my way back to phase one like behaviors, I thought I could skip caffeine, but I renounced that plan because I have been so tired and had half-a regular coffee today. I also realized that a can of sugar-free, carb-free soda could be a GREAT snack since it fills you up and it has no calories. Of course, it's terrible for you. Lastly, I have decided to keep myself on a two-snack a day habit—as SoBe intended. They allow for you to have dessert too, but who needs that aggravation. Not me, I'd rather have dinner and be done with it. Also, today featured the Domania Walking Group's most brisk walk ever. After it was done, I had really broken a sweat, and I realized I'M NOT EXERCISING ENOUGH.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, It sounds like you are already in the summer doldrums.....10 peanuts doesn't sound too bad to me. Hope that Magnolia is on the mend...that will help...and sometimese we all turn to diet soda for respite. Love, MOM