Thursday, July 12, 2007

Year 3, Day 130: New York Introduces the Twelve Dollar Salad

Silly me. Here I am in provincial Boston fretting over the six-dollar salads at Russo's. Then today I went to the Chelsea Markets for the first time and inside, found "Hale and Hearty Soups", which features a sort of smoosh-in salad bar. I ordered a large salad of Mesclun Greens with chicken, feta, olives, steamed broccoli, cucumbers, tomatoes, red onions and balsamic (no pepperocinis were available). Cost: $12.00.

Breakfast
Kashi Go Lean!
Heritage Flakes
Strawberries
Blueberries
Banana
Unsweetened Soy Milk
Coffee

IAC Conference Room
1 Strawberry
1 Banana
1 small apple
a few grapes

On the Plane/Back & Forth
Nuts
Popcorn
1 Strawberry
3 slices of cheese

Lunch: Hale & Hearty Soups
Salad wit feta, olives, steamed broccoli, cucumbers, tomatoes, red onions and balsamic

Dinner:
Blue Ribbon Tandoori Chicken
Elephant Walk Salad Cambodgienne
Blue Ribbon meats

New York is great when you can fly there and fly back in one day, but all the traveling takes its toll on you. They especially make it hard on people when they're giving out little milky ways and other stuff I can't, won't or shouldn't eat in the plane snack. You're hungry, tired, captive. Most people eat it all. I Ate the cheese and strawberry and passed the other stuff to my seat mate, a chocolate-loving co worker.

No comments: