Monday, July 02, 2007

Year 3, Day 120: The FDA Working Hard For Us (After the Fact)

The US Food and Drug Administration has a Web site where you can read up about food recalls, e.coli outbreaks and my favorite, "Import Alerts and Import REFUSAL report." Go there. You might find it amusing; you might find it terrifying. It's definitely a good place to find out some information I bet you didn't know.

Breakfast
Kashi Go Lean!
Heritage Flakes
Strawberries
Blueberries
Banana
Unsweetened Soy Milk
Coffee

Lunch: Russo's ($6.21)
Romaine, red pepper, red onion, feta
chicken, broccoli, mushrooms
balsamic vinegar, pepperocini

Snack
5 Sticks Beef Jerky
1 oz. Boston Lite Popcorn

Dinner
Chicken Breast, Salad
1/4 Hamburger, Turkey Burger

Dessert
Cherries & Strawberries
1 Apple-Cinamon Cheerio
4-5 Flakes

Despite the horrifying news regarding tainted toothpaste from China (where were the Refusal people then?); I have found that brushing your teeth is a great way to stop yourself from that post-dinner, pre-bedtime period where you are more likely than not to walk through your kitchen, or have to take something out of your pantry; empty the dishwasher, or somehow come in contact or in close proximity to food. I know there are some people who eat right up until they go to sleep, but for me, brushing your teeth sends that minty-mouthed signal to my brain that no more food is coming for the night. I occasionally will scarf some sugarless gum and water for Gumsert, but I find I am able to resist most tempting things when my mouth is minty.

No comments: