Monday, February 12, 2007

Year 2, Day 346 nutsapalooza/fake Balthazar

When my Mom was up in December, she brought a TON of Balthazar bread, which we are just getting to the end of now. The last bag seemed different from the rest of the multi-grain and I was very suspicious of it. It seemed like just 'regular bread.' I decided not to eat any of it, but Emily thought it was OK. It didn't have any multi-grain texture to it. In retrospect I think it was Rye, but I can't help it, I'm on tenter hooks.

Breakfast
2 Eggs
1 slice balthazar bread
3 slices turkey bacon
coffee

snack
60 almonds
40 cashews
2 oz 50% Jalapeno Cheddar
4 Beef Jerky Sticks
1/2 orville redenbacher popcorn

lunch: Demo's
Chicken Kebab 4 pieces
greek salad

Dinner
Cheeseburger with Onions
String Beans

Amazingly, I was reading the label of Orville Redebacher and I realized it was a Con Agra product (which is Spanish for "With Agra"). I determined that I should probably not eat any more Con Agra products, because of the recent article in the New York Times that said 'the more processed something is, the worse it is for you." I believe that Con Agra is responsible for creating food that is 250% processed. Just as I was thinking that I saw the article about how Peter Pan (a Con Agra product) sickened nearly 300 people across America. While I felt terrible for all the kids who were sickened, I couldn't help thinking that if everyone in the country would give up eating peanut butter with sugar in it, this would not have happened.

No comments: