Monday, February 05, 2007

Year 2, Day 339: Cold Monday, Bad Monday

It always feels good to make it through the day without overt bad snacking, but then 3:30 rolls around and watch out! In come the nuts.

Breakfast
Kashi
with Go lean Crunch!
Coffee

Lunch: Russos ($4.90)
Romaine, red pepper, red onion, feta
chicken, broccoli, mushrooms
balsamic vinegar, pepperocini

Snack
2 cups Boston Lite Popcorn
35 Almonds
4 Beef Jerky Sticks
2 oz 50% Jalapeno Cheddar

Dinner
Chicken Breast
Cauliflower
Celery, Carrots & Onions from Last Night's Brisket

Dessert
Wine
Chocolate, Almonds

They say that after a big sporting event players' metabolisms are lifted for days. I'm not sure if that happens outside the sports world but I wonder if my little engine runs hotter or faster in the day after my workout day because I am always so much hungrier on Mondays than any other day. It is probably some combination of the post-workout metabolic lift and the anxiety of returning to work plus being in close proximity to so many yummy nuts. Someone please help me! I'm a nutaholic.

No comments: