Sunday, February 11, 2007

Year 2, Day 345- Emeril's Greens

When I was first watching Emeril, back in the days before he was famous and the show wasn't live and he didn't have a line of cookware, I saw him cook an amazing recipe that I instantly wrote down and continued to make throughout the years. It was greens, and it basically involved frying up a mess of bacon (or other pork fat), then adding whatever washed greens you want (I use collard greens, kale, and chard, but today I also had dandelion greens) add molasses and one beer and serve. Did I mention onion, garlics and shallots? They're in there too. I figured since greens are anti-oxidant powerhouses, I should make some. Sure the beer, molasses and bacon doesn't really meet the SoBe standard, but most of that gets cooked away, except for the bacon...

Breakfast
Kashi Go Lean!
Heritage Flakes
Blueberries
Bananas
Unsweetened Soy Milk
Coffee

Snack
1 Joy Stick

Lunch:
Salad
Hamburger
Pickles

Postworkout Snack
6 oz plain yogurt
Super Chunky Peanut Butter

Dinner
Breast of Chicken
Greens (Kale, Swiss Chard, Red Chard, Dandelion Greens)

Feeling the slippage, I resolve to go without snacking. At the gym, I did 7 miles at level five in 65 minutes. I also did 40 crunches on the ab machine. I am feeling good about even entering the weight training and resistance area. I am hoping to eventually lose my gut, which has been with me basically since I could walk upright. I'm not sure how far I can get, but I am going to try and try and try.

No comments: