Saturday, February 03, 2007

Year 2, Day 337: Second Dinner

Of all the fatherly tasks I enjoy, making pancakes with Ruby has got to be near the top. I like any kind of cooking or baking we do together, but pancakes are especially fun since now we use Kodiak and they taste good and she likes them (and so does Magnolia). It also feels very much a like a 'weekendy' thing since there's no way I'd have time to do it during the week. Even with just one cup of mix I always end up with a few leftover and I always end up eating at least one (and today was no exception).

Breakfast
Kashi
1 Kodiak Pancake (with Super Chunky Peanut Butter)
Coffee

Snackzaplenty
1 Apple
1 oz. Boston Lite Popcorn
2 oz. 50% Jalapeno Cheddar
1/4 cup of Almonds/Cashews
A few bites of clementine

Lunch
Scrambled Eggs
Lox
A few bites of a Quesadilla (Joseph's Net Carbs Tortilla and Cheese)

Dinner
Flounder
Snap Peas
Pork-Burger

It's strange how often I actually used to feel entitled to have a "second dinner." I think Emily coined the phrase, but it means when you sit down to a real full second meal because for one reason or another your first 'dinner' didn't comport to the standards we had, either real or imagined. This happened, embarrassingly, quite often, but now I know that you really have one chance each meal period to consume some calories and whether the food was tasty or not; satisfying or not, if you consumed your calories, you had your meal. In the old days we would say about a particularly bad meal "that sucked, let's have something else later." Those days, thankfully, are over.

No comments: