Monday, November 28, 2005

Day 273: Sunday, End of Long Holiday Weekend

I've said it before, but there's nothing like breaking your routine, putting you outside of your house, and giving you a lot of time to really challenge ANYONE's eating habits, let alone someone on a diet. Since Thursday I have had occasion to watch lots of different family members on both sides as they eat, and let me tell you, it is just a very strong reminder to me of how I originally got to be about 40 or 50 lbs overweight in the first place. There is the mindless noshing, the I want to taste some of everything, and the eat-because-we-have-nothing-else-to-do-eating. Don't forget there's the "There's all this food" and "Some of it is Delicious" and "Much of it is Dessert." Those also bear a great deal of the responsibility.

Breakfast
1 Slice of Rye
2 Slices of Multigrain Balthazhar bread
Peanut Butter
Tea

Snack
1 Venti Soy Cappucion (@Starbucks)
Almonds/Cashews
1 Joy Stick
1 Pink Lady Apple
1 6 oz. Dannon Lite N Fit Blackberry Yogurt
60 Pistachios

Lunch
2 strips Jennie-O
3 Eggs/Cheese Omelet

Dinner: Chinese
2 Spare Ribs
Some Steak N Vegetables
Chicken N Peapods
Caesar Salad (!)

This was overall not a great day. There was little exercise and there was such a great amount of time between lunch (12:00 pm) and dinner (7:30pm) that there was a tremendous amount of eating in between. Aside from all the snacking, I was so hungry when dinner came that I actually overate (which is something I haven't done in I don't know how long) and then felt awful the rest of the night. Oh well, there's always tomorrow. It should also be noted that the Dannon line of yogurts is NOT VERY GOOD. I am sticking with the Yoplait. Unless someone has a better suggestion.

No comments: