Sunday, November 20, 2005

265: A Tale of Two Cities

Today Emily's sisters all came in from New York to help celebrate her birthday. Today, this meant going out to Radius in Boston, and tomorrow it's a big brunch at the Westin. Long time readers will know that I also went to Radius for my birthday, but, due to childcare responsibilities (and sister-only invitation status) was left out tonight. Because we didn't really have a chance to go shopping today (there was a slate of birthday activities) the kids got your basic out of the box dinner—hot dogs, baked beans and mac and cheese. Now there's nothing wrong with that, it's just the way it went that was my dinner too. As I was just writing about, it is better not to want to fall in love with your dinner. As it was, I happen to love a Hebrew National hot dog just about as much as anything in this world.

Breakfast
2 Eggs, Over
2 Strips Turkey Bacon
2 oz private stock cabot cheese

Snack
1/4 cup almonds/cashews
10 dried apricots
6 oz lite yoplait yogurt

Lunch
3 Eva Chan Spare Ribs
Greek Salad

Dinner
1/4 lb Hebrew National Hot Dog
Baked Beans

Today's visit to the gym was a lesson in "don't get too comfortable in life." I left the house without a towel and expected to rent one (a service which they provide for $1) but was told that today there weren't any because "it was Shabat." Confused, I went towel-less into the gym, and settled into a machine. I try to position myself between the two televisions so I'm not at the mercy of a 30-minute long African infomercial and football. Today looked good as CNN was on the one I was closest to, but minutes into my workout, a man came and wanted to change the channel. He looked to me as if to ask "is it OK?" and in my desire to warn him not to put the football game on BOTH sets, he misunderstood, did just that, and got in my line of vision so I couldn't see anything. Minutes later, someone else came and changed it without asking HIM, and the cycle continued.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Hi, And so it goes. The important thing really is the exercise. Sorry it can't be more congenial. A good hot dog is a good hot dog. (Quote from Noah Z Deutsch) Just kidding. Love, MOM