Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Day 260: Trip the Lite Yogurt Fantastic

I want to point out to people the very real threat of iPod ear damage, but I so rarely have the time to write about it here. There are a lot of links out there to studies, but I can tell you that common sense says when you put the loudest thing imaginable INSIDE your ear, you're asking for trouble. Start here (http://www.macworld.co.uk/news/index.cfm?NewsID=11524&Page=1&pagePos=1) and then Google the rest. I mean it, it's trouble.

Breakfast
2 Slices of When Pigs Fly Bread
Peanut Butter
Tea

Snack
1/4 cup Almonds/Cashews
1 Honeycrisp Apples
60 Pistachios
8 Dried Apricots

Lunch
Chicken
Chinese Broccoli
1/2 Beef Teriyaki
Diet Coke

Dinner
Cheeseburger
Sauteed Onions
Pickles
Peppadews
String Beans

Tomorrow I'm going to New York to see a client. In my younger days a client-based trip, or really a trip anywhere meant a few things: one, wildly caloric breakfast such as a bacon egg and cheese or hostess lemon pie, and two, a similarly impossible lunch, very often a large meat sandwich with fried carbs of some kind on the side, often made possible by allowing myself to forgo all restraint once any time of routine is broken. It's amazing that just minutes ago I was packing rollmops for the train, weighing out nuts, counting out apricots and freezing some yogurt. I am all about making sure I have what I need to eat on the train (I'll be on it for 8 hours). I will miss my traditional Acela meal of Hot Dog and Fritos, but I'll live. Probably longer.

2 comments:

Mom said...

Great planning ahead. It's wonderful! You are really in a zone now. As for the iPod, you are right. Anything that you put in or close to your ear that makes a very loud noise can be trouble. But it seems to me if you have accoustomed yourself to levels of sound the potential for harm is less. It sounds good anyway. Have a great trip! David said that Noah was returning at midnight last night At lAM unable to sleep I finally called to learn that Noah was already back and asleep. Seems he came in at 11PM. Love, MOM

Mom said...

Wouldn't accept my message for last night. Anyway keep up the good work. I continue to be impressed with your steadfastness. Love, MOM