Saturday, November 26, 2005

271: Day after Thanksgiving

Though I was going to be away from my beloved JCC for five days, I knew that Emily's sister and brother in law are always up for some tennis, even though we have to play inside this time of year. As it was we got my father-in-law's new wife to join us as the fourth and had a spirited game. At about the 1:40 mark, we had completed three sets (my team lost, natch) and we broke up as a foursome, but my brother-in-law stayed behind and he and I played singles for the rest of the time. It's good it was only fifteen minutes, because even though I'm in the best shape of my adult life, I was about to keel over from the three games we played.

Breakfast
2 Eggs
2 strips turkey bacon
teac
1 oz cheese

Snack
1 oz Peanuts

Lunch
Turkey
Sweet Potato
Brussel Sprout
Greek salad with Feta

Dinner
Shepherd's Salad: Cucumber, Tomato, Scallion
Hummous
Feta Cheese
Chicken Kebab
Peppers, Onions, Tomatos
Assorted Cheerios

For a day after Thanksgiving, this was pretty good. Aside from the exercise, the food was pretty restrained and there was almost no snacking, save the peanuts I had in my tennis bag that I had to cram down my throat as I was nearly shaking from my low-blood sugar. Once I had lunch though, everything was good and very sobe.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Sounds to me like you did a great job this weekend. I'm impressed. You continue to be an inspiration to all of us. Love, MOM