Saturday, November 12, 2005

257: Yet Another Poker Game

As always, I must begin my day with a high protein breakfast, and as I am beginning my education in real calories and fats, I realize that adding an egg here and there, or an additional strip of turkey bacon is not that bad. (By the way Ruby likes turkey bacon now. That only took 250 days). As another nod to the game I also forgo most of the nut and 'nut-related' snacks during the day because nuts are one of the few SoBe friendly snacks that everyone loves at the game. As a matter of fact, I watched with great irritation as one of the players basically took my private collection of nuts, held it in his lap, and continued to reach in, take out a fistful, sort them, eat them, and repeat the process over and over again. I was trying to refrain from giving him the hairy eyeball. Why should I care what he does with my nuts? (I'll let the laughter subside for a minute). After all, I brought them to the game, so they're fair game for everybody. But it was the way he was holding them. And then fistful after fistful. I sort of felt for him, because I know how addictive they are. But I also thought "put them back, you thoughtless nut sifter!" I might have to bring them in little bags next time.

Breakfast
3 Eggs
2.5 Strips Turkey Bacon
Tea

Snack
8 Dried Apricots
Dunkin Donuts Medium Coffee (half decaf)

Lunch
Chicken and Broccoli with Brown Rice

Poker/Snack/Dinner
2 Pickles
1/2 cup Almonds/Cashews
slices of salami/pepperoni/cheese
1 cheese stick
Orange Beef
Chicken and Broccoli
String Beans with Pork
Shrimp with Vegetables
.5 Teriyaki Stick
Boneless spare ribs

Lastly, I am realizing that anytime you are sitting in one place for a long time it's challenging not to eat, and doubly challenging if there's a lot of food nearby for you to choose from. Ultimately, the card game is healthier from a food perspective than it ever was, we have now officially gone from a fried-chip based game to a meat and cheese game, so that's good. We've just got to work on the volume.

1 comment:

Mom said...

I'll see if I can crack the word verification game tonight. I understand the feeling you had about the "nuts." But I agree you have to figure out a way to avoid this next time. Looking forward to seeing you in less than two weeks. Love, MOM