Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Day 253: Monday

I am trying like mad to mix up the breakfast meal again. It's hard because mornings call for something without a lot of fuss, which is why turkey bacon and eggs is out. It's so easy to have toast, but I must keep on searching. Hard boiled eggs with salmon? I don't want to smell fishy at the office. I continue to search...

Breakfast
6 oz yogurt lite strawberry yoplait
1 cup Wheatabix
1/2 cup blueberries
tea

Snack
1/4 almonds/cashews
8 apricots
60 pistachios

Lunch
Mixed Greens
Goat Cheese
House-Dried Tomatoes
Tuna

Dinner
Pan-Fried Chicken a la Emily
Cabbage

I must apologize for people who read this blog who don't have someone to cook dinner for them. As some of you know, I was the primary cook in our house for nearly two decades. I am by no means a great cook, more like a short-order diner cook. My specialties were eggs, bacon, toast, and occasional other things: chili, pasta sauce, tuna, pizza, and for about two years things in the wok including a very serviceable 'salad Cambodian' imitation. I never ever was as good as Emily has gotten in just a year. I try to take up the cooking on the weekends and some nights, but ultimately I think she likes to cook and may even like her cooking better than mine. So, in cooking silence, I enjoy the bounty, which is truly, revolutionary. I'm not sure how anyone could seriously stay on a program without the aid of their S.O.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What did you use to eat for breakfast? I bet it was equally routine, just not as healthful. There just aren't that many breakfast foods out there.

Glad to see they've got a word verification thing on the comments now. Maybe you won't get spammed.

Mom said...

Hi, Breakfast is tough but should be your biggest meal. I'm so glad Em is finding her speed as a cook. You're no slouch though. Love, MOM

Anonymous said...

I'm not a hot cereal/oatmeal kind of person at all but I recently found a Kashi product that's good. "Go Lean Hearty All Natural Instand Hot Cereal with Clusters". The honey & cinnamon is the only flavor I tried. Its really quick to make (microwave). 150 calories, 2g fat, 26g carbs (is that terrible?). It sticks with you through a workout too.

Anonymous said...

When I'm livin' in the love that is SouthBeach, for breakfast I liked:

smoked salmon on a plate with diced red onions, chopped dill, and a drizzle of olive oil and lemon

metsamacher bread spread with mashed avocados or some type of creamy-ish cheese

Dr. Sobe's ricotta thang

Protein shakes

You also might like to make Dr. Sobe's breakfast quiches. They intrigued me.

Lurleen