Sunday, April 27, 2008

Year 4, Day 56: AM Workouts

For a long time, the only time I could get to go workout was in the later morning on Sunday.  Now I have come up with an alternative that is working for me-8:30AM.  Since I'm up anyway (can't sleep), I usually eat breakfast at 7, and this morning it was just me (all girls in the house asleep) as I watched the end of Roger & Me (I had never seen it), suited up and got to it.   This is good because it gets me back to the house around 10, where I can have another snack, and get on with the day with the girls.   Also, it was especially good because I knew at tonight's dinner I would be driven to eat off the hook (plus to drink) which I took full advantage of.  
I did 7.2 miles in 65 minutes, plus lots of reps on the squat thrust, ab cruncher and gravitron

Breakfast
3 Cakes of Matzoh
Cream Cheese 

Postworkout snack
6 oz Stonyfield Farm Yogurt
3 Tablespoons Super Chunky Peanut Butter

Lunch
Some Barbecue at Blue Ribbon BBQ
A few ribs (undercooked), some burnt ends,
some beans, a bite of cornbread and one accidental sip of lemonade (it was good tho').

Dinner at Friends
1 slice bread with butter  (my own homemade bread, wheat, rye and sugar)
shrimp with cocktail sauce
samosas (fried trader Joe's but still yummy, though fried)
steak tips
chicken masala
okra
eggplant
salad a la lisa

dessert in two course
a cake from 'icing on the cake' in Newton
my brownies, baked from Katherine Hepburn


No comments: