Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Year 4, Day 46: Oatmeal

In my constant yearning for the perfect breakfast, this morning I tried some steel cut oats by Arrowhead Mills.  It was as advertised 'toasty and nutty'.  I added strawberries and blueberries for flavor. It was good, but I'm not sure it was this great, super-filling thing it's supposed to be.  I was hungry about two hours later, but as I type this, I'm realizing that perhaps that is unavoidable.

Breakfast
Oatmeal (1/2 cup)
Strawberries and Blueberries
Coffee

Snack
3 Cheese sticks
3 beef jerky sticks
5 Strawberries

Lunch: Russo's ($5.33)
Green leaf (didn't want to cut in line in front of a guy getting romaine); cucumbers, red peppers, mushrooms, feta, two pieces of chicken, olives, hot peppers, balsamic vinegar

Dinner
Two Tacos with Cheese
Salad with Everything

On my lifelong quest to get my girls to like Mexican food, I continue to make tacos and they continue to be refused. While this is heartbreaking, I am in it for the long haul and I will not give up. These girls will learn to eat corn tortillas if it's the last thing I do!  As it was, I ate two of them.  While not very SB friendly, they were yummy.

No comments: