Thursday, April 17, 2008

Year 4, Day 47: Taxes

Well, tax time is behind us and I must say this was a frustrating year in many senses.  Ruby and Magnolia both had to pay taxes due to some weird transfer of something or other that generated 16 cents.  I actually had to file three income tax statements, and believe me, it wasn't worth it.  I am now just putting everything behind.  For most of my life I filed my taxes in early March--- lately I have been pushing up against the deadline, and having to pay.  Drats.


Breakfast
Kashi Go Lean
Heritage Flakes
Strawberries
Blueberries
Soy Milk
Coffee

Lunch: Chan Shin Yuan
Pork with Black Bean Sauce
Chicken with Asparagus

Snack
6 Sticks Beef Jerky
60 Pistachios (limit is 30)

Dinner
Salad with Tuna, Feta, Sunflower Seeds and Balsamic Vinegar

Dessert
2 Bites of a Healthy Choice Pop
Some fair trade chocolate covered bananas
1/2 square of Ghiradelli Chocolate

I thought I would have some dessert today, but I was fouled by Magnolia, who wanted my healthy choice pop (they usually don't like them because they're sugar free).  I usually don't like them to have it, because it contains chemicals.  So I gave her mine and took another one out.  But then, Ruby wanted the next one.  So I moved on to fair trade bananas. But they wanted those too. So I moved on to plain dark chocolate squares.  Again, I had to give them up.  So I probably ate three times as much dessert and was half as satisfied.  Makes you want to give up dessert.

No comments: