Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Year 4, Day 60: I am not price-sensitive at the pump

We ran out of milk today and I needed gas. I went to get both at the gas station. There were no cars at all the usually-packed station.   I saw a sign that said "Super only."  That meant if I wanted gas I was going to have pay $3.83 per gallon.  My immediate feeling was to bolt- but when I did the math, at 10 gallons, it added up to $2.50 more than I would have paid if regular was available, $3.58.   I filled up the tank, and still alone, I realized: I am a spendthrift.

Breakfast
Kashi Go Lean
Heritage Flake
Strawberries
Blueberries
Banana
Soy Milk
Coffee

Lunch: Russo's ($5.31)
Romaine, Mushrooms, Pepper, Balsamic Vinegar, Feta, Chicken, Pepperocini

Snack
Nearly 100 almonds
2 cheese sticks

Dinner
Brisket
Salad of Cabbage, Broccoli


No comments: