Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Year 4, Day 59: Comfort in Grains

Right before my pants stopped fitting me in late February (around the end of my third year on SB) I noted that my typical breakfast of Kashi, et al was probably not very good for someone who doesn't exercise, and believe me, this winter, I did not exercise as much.  Last week, I got a walk, a tennis game, and a workout in, but during Dec, Jan, Feb and March it was just barely getting to the gym.  That's when I realized that a six hundred calorie, sugar-laden (bananas, etc.) breakfast had to go.  I went back on phase one and welcomed back eggs and Canadian bacon to my life.    Now, back in the swing, I am feeling the love again of my old breakfast.  Though I realize I shouldn't eat it everyday, I do love cereal, flat out.  I could eat just about any cereal, any time, and in any amount, and for any meal, but mostly I limit to low-sugar cereals and only in the morning. But if I ever get to the place where I can work out three times a week, I'll definitely be reaching for a box of Quisp, or Cinnamon Crunch.

Breakfast
Kashi Go Lean
Heritage Flakes
Banana
Strawberries
Blueberries
Soy Milk
Coffee

Lunch: Chan Shin Yuan
Pea Pod Stems
Shrimp with Lobster Sauce
Pork with Black Bean Sauce

Snack
A little bit of Jerky
3 Cheese Sticks

Dinner
Hamburger
Banana Peppers
Cabbage, lettuce salad

Luckily, I've avoided dessert

No comments: