Friday, March 30, 2007

Year 3, Day 30: Headed South to NY/Mom's Birthday

Happy Birthday Mom. Of course, by the time I am posting this it is well over a month past your birthday, but I think I made my feelings clear. Big, big weekend. Going out to dinner for my mom's birthday tonight (Friday); Big party for her birthday (tomorrow); Passover dinners with the whole family (Sunday); Passover dinner with Emily's family (Monday); back to work and need a vacation (following week).

Breakfast
Kashi Go Lean!
Heritage Flakes
Strawberries
Blueberries
Banana
Unsweetened Soy Milk
Coffee

Lunch/Snack/on the road
1 hard boiled egg
a lot of popcorn
1 fuji apple
tamari almonds
cashews/almonds
2 oz 50% jalapeno cheddar

Dinner: Kama
Sashimi platter
Mesclun salad
1 french fry
1 chicken nugget
1 bite of haagen-dazs yogurt.

I have not yet mastered the art of being on the road and eating great just yet, it remains a work-in-progress, just like that movie Groundhog Day. We ate dinner at a fantastic sushi restaurant in Great Neck, where naturally the most interesting thing to me was the chicken nuggets and french fries they served (they were really yummy!). Of all things, my kids love Japanese restaurants because they love rice; udon noodles; edamame, and steak or chicken yakitori. And actually, that's a lot better than them loving Italian food (which I also love).

No comments: